Yesterday’s weak costings exercise by the Rann Government has once again demonstrated that Rann Labor is more about spin than substance.
The failure of the Government to provide anything more than a flimsy two-page spreadsheet signed off by the Treasurer’s own political staff reveals its desperation to say and do anything to cling to power.
For the entire duration of the campaign, Mr Foley has made increasingly desperate and shrill assertions over costings.
Here are the questions Mr Foley must answer if his government is to be taken seriously:
• Why did the Government choose not to have its costings independently verified?
• Why would anyone in the State believe anything verified only by political staffers in his own office?
• Why after eight years in office, can he only produce a two-page spread sheet, thin on detail, to justify re-election?
• Why did he expose South Australia to budgetary risk by relying on forecast GST revenue that the Treasury said was “difficult to estimate”?
• What services or jobs will he cut if re-elected through his razor gang?
The South Australian people have a right to know!