More than 6,300 small businesses and not-for-profits still hard-hit by COVID-19 have received $58.4 million in cash grants in the past 7 weeks as part of the Marshall Government’s sweeping economic stimulus to help protect local jobs.
The small businesses supported by the second round of $10,000 cash grants range from florists, cafes, restaurants and gyms to manufacturers, beauty salons and tourism operators.
Of the total 6332 recipients – 5,635 small businesses and not-for-profits received the $10,000 cash grant. A further 697 eligible businesses that don’t employ staff (such as sole traders and partnerships) and operate from a commercial premise and are continuing to suffer COVID-19 hardship, received a $3,000 cash grant.
Treasurer Rob Lucas said the Government was investing $4 billion in economic stimulus to save as many jobs and businesses as possible throughout this challenging time.
“These grants are an immediate and targeted cash injection for South Australian businesses and not-for-profits who continue to be impacted by COVID-19,” said Treasurer Lucas.
“The cash grants can be used to cover a business’ ongoing or outstanding operating costs, such as rent, power bills, supplier and raw materials costs as well as other fees.
“This comes on top of the more than 18,700 businesses who benefited from the first round of grants – at a total cost of more than $186 million – which supported more than 100,000 local jobs.”
Mr Lucas said the Government has extended the deadline for applications to midnight February 28, 2021 which will enable some business and not-for-profits significantly impacted* by last month’s 3-day circuit breaker to apply for the scheme.
*To be eligible for a small business cash grant, businesses must meet extended JobKeeper payment requirements among other criteria.
For more information and to apply for a grant, businesses are urged to visit: www.treasury.sa.gov.au