Premier Mike Rann has today misled South Australians on the issue of pledges and election promises and has confirmed widespread public opinion that he cannot be trusted.
“Mr Rann has this morning told South Australians that he has honoured all pre-election pledges made by him,” Liberal MLC Rob Lucas said today.
“However, Mr Rann has again been caught out trying to trick South Australians.
“The reality is Mr Rann and his Labor Government has a track record of breaking core promises and cannot be trusted to deliver results for SA.
“Whilst Mr Rann continues to make election promises, like his misleading “100,000 more jobs in six years” policy, people have stopped listening as they don’t trust Mr Rann any more after eight years of broken promises.
“Put simply, after 15 years as Labor Leader, Mr Rann cannot be trusted to deliver on his election-eve promises.”
Mr Rann’s broken promises include:
• An expansion of the Mt Bold Reservoir
• Bulldozing bikie fortresses
• No new taxes or increases in taxes
• Lower electricity and water prices
• Stop “political” government advertising
• Honesty and accountability in Government
• Underpass at the intersection of South and Sturt Roads
• Underpass along South Road beneath Port and Grange Roads
• Tramline extension to North Adelaide
• Solution to the Britannia Roundabout problem
• Prison at Murray Bridge
“And remember, it was Treasurer Kevin Foley who told Parliament in June 2002, “You do not have the moral fibre to go back on your promise. I have…”