The Weatherill Labor Government is running a part-time government with six Cabinet Ministers on leave at a time when South Australia needs strong leadership.
The six Cabinet Ministers on leave at the moment are:
• Gail Gago on leave from 16-24 April 2015 inclusive;
• Leon Bignell on leave from 16 April – 2 May 2015 inclusive;
• Ian Hunter on leave from 16-17 April 2015 inclusive;
• Geoff Brock on leave from 10-24 April 2015 inclusive;
• Jack Snelling on leave from 27 March – 24 April 2015 inclusive; and,
• Zoe Bettison on leave from 3-24 April 2015 inclusive.
“At a time when South Australia is facing some serious economic challenges, it seems unbelievable that so many Ministers would be on leave,” said Shadow Treasurer Rob Lucas.
“South Australia is also facing some serious challenges in the health and child protection sectors.
“Let’s not forget that State Parliament is only sitting for 47 days this year as well.
“South Australians deserve better than a part-time government.”