Devastating division and disunity in Labor’s ranks has continued, with yet another leak to the media designed to damage Premier Weatherill’s embattled leadership.
A document leaked to The Advertiser yesterday revealed a spectacular collapse in Mr Weatherill’s State Budget, kept hidden from South Australians by Mr Weatherill.
“This is the latest in a series of devastating leaks designed to damage and undermine Mr Weatherill’s embattled leadership,” said Shadow Health Minister Rob Lucas.
Other leaks designed to damage Mr Weatherill have included:
• A Small and Family Business strategy prepared for Mr Weatherill and Labor recommending a cut to payroll tax;
• Mr Weatherill’s leaked election strategy and campaign diary, revealing sensitive information about the Labor Government’s policy rollout and strategy;
• An independent analysis of Holden by Advanced Manufacturing Council chairman and former Thinker in Residence, Goran Roos;
• Leaked Cabinet documents about a proposed “Wellbeing” initiative costing $7 million over four years;
• Leaked Cabinet documents regarding Neighbourhood Policing Teams; and,
• Premier Weatherill’s Cabinet reshuffle, in which he controversially took over the Treasury portfolio, leaked in advance of the official announcement.
“Given the confidentiality of some of these documents they could only have come from senior ministers or senior ministerial staffers,” said Shadow Health Minister Rob Lucas.
“Mr Weatherill is losing control of his divided Government, which has become dysfunctional and out of touch with South Australians.
“Rather than fighting for South Australians, Mr Weatherill and Labor are simply fighting amongst themselves.
“South Australians deserve a Government with better priorities to put our State back on track.”