Tuesday, 8 August 2017
Shadow Treasurer Rob Lucas said today Jay Weatherill’s obscene taxpayer funded pre-election advertising splurge was now more than $4 million and likely to grow further over the coming months.
The following costs to taxpayers have now been revealed:
• Jay Weatherill’s Energy Plan: $2.6 million
• Job Accelerator Grant Scheme: $1 million plus
• New Royal Adelaide Hospital: $450,000 plus
“Given the current saturated coverage on television and radio with some of these campaigns there is no doubt that the total costs to taxpayers will increase even
further,” said Shadow Treasurer Rob Lucas.
“There is no doubt the Labor Party’s market research has shown that after 16 years South
Australians have no faith in the Weatherill Government’s handling of critical
issues such as energy, jobs and health.
“So Mr Weatherill and Mr Koutsantonis have suddenly decided to waste millions of
dollars of taxpayer funds to try and convince voters to support the Labor Party
at the coming state election.
“At a time when 23,500 calls to the child abuse helpline are going unanswered, SA families will be furious that Mr Weatherill and Mr Koutsantonis gave greater priority to a $4
million party political pre-election funding splurge.”
The cost of the Weatherill Government’s disgraceful paid door knocking in the lead up to the state election revealed yesterday remains undisclosed.
“Given the Auditor-General has previously made critical comments about Government
advertising it is imperative the Auditor-General inquire into and report to the
Parliament on this latest unprecedented advertising binge.”
You can write to Rob at his
GPO Box 2264
ADELAIDE SA 5000
His office contact
Telephone: +61 8 8226 1866
Alternatively, you can email Rob with any issues or feedback.